Fail-slow Fault Tolerance accepted to HotOS ‘21
MongoDB Replication appeared at NSDI ‘21!
Cobra appeared at OSDI ‘20!
- Building fault-tolerant storage and database systems.
- Building tools to ease concurrent programming for developers.
- Verifying correctness of distributed systems and algorithms.
I am looking for motivated PhD/MS/Undergrad students. If you are interested, email me a brief resume.
- Distributed Systems, Fall 2020, Stony Brook University
- Distributed Systems, Fall 2019, Stony Brook University
- Distributed Systems, Spring 2019, Stony Brook University
- Computer Systems Organization, Spring 2018, NYU
- NSDI 2021
- ATC 2020
- APSys 2019, 2020
Fail-slow fault tolerance needs programming support
Andrew Yoo, Yuanli Wang, Ritesh Sinha, Shuai Mu, and Tianyin Xu
HotOS 21 (to appear)
Fault-Tolerant Replication with Pull-Based Consensus in MongoDB
Siyuan Zhou, Shuai Mu
Cobra: Making Transactional Key-Value Stores Verifiably Serializable
Cheng Tan, Changgeng Zhao, Shuai Mu, Michael Walfish
On the Parallels of Raft and Paxos [paper]
Zhaoguo Wang, Changgeng Zhao, Shuai Mu, Haibo Chen, Jinyang Li
Deferred Runtime Pipelining for contentious multicore software transactions
Shuai Mu, Sebastian Angel, Dennis Shasha
Giza: Erasure Coding Objects across Global Data Centers
Yu Lin Chen, Shuai Mu, Jinyang Li, Cheng Huang, Jin Li, Aaron Ogus, Douglas Phillips
- Consolidating Concurrency Control and Consensus for Commits under Conflicts
Shuai Mu, Lamont Nelson, Wyatt Lloyd, Jinyang Li
- The SNOW Theorem and Latency-Optimal Read-Only Transactions
Haonan Lu, Christopher Hodsdon, Khiem Ngo, Shuai Mu, Wyatt Lloyd
- Scaling Multicore Databases via Constrained Parallel Execution
Zhaoguo Wang, Shuai Mu, Yang Cui, Han Yi, Haibo Chen, Jinyang Li
- Reza Alimadadi (PhD, with Mike Ferdman)
- Weihai Shen (PhD)
- Yuhao Su (PhD)
- Xiang Liu (PhD, pending)
- Ansh Khanna (MS)
- Yida Wu (MS)
- Mrityunjay Kumar (MS -> VMWare)
- Satya Jain (MS -> VMWare)
- Ritesh Sinha (MS -> HP)
- Yuanli Wang (Virtual Intern, MS@Minnesota -> PhD@Boston U.)
- Andrew Yoo (MS Thesis@UIUC, with Tianyin Xu -> Whova)
Prior to joining Stony Brook, I spent 4 years at NYU as a visiting student/post-doc/lecturer in the Systems Group. I obtained my Ph.D. from Tsinghua University and B.S. from China Agricultural University. During my graduate studies, I also had the luck to be a visiting student at USC and University of Sydney. See a full history in my CV.