CSE 535 Distributed Systems (Fall 2022)
- (Aug 22, 2022) First day! Please read the grading information in lecture 1’s notes.
- (Aug 15, 2022) Please join Piazza for class notifications and discussions.
- (Aug 15, 2022) Please read the collaboration and academic integrity policy; Enrollment in this class suggests you have accepted the policy.
Distributed systems help programmers aggregate the resource of many networked computers to construct highly available and scalable services, such as peta-byte storage, massively parallel computation. This class teaches the abstractions, design and implementation techniques that allow you to build fast, scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems. Topics include multithreading, network programming, consistency, naming, fault tolerance, and security and several case studies of distributed systems. The course consists of lectures and a series of programming labs.
- Undergraduate Operating Systems or Computer Systems Organization
- System-level programming experience